wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong!

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong!

So I've been feeling a little icky this last week.  Tired, cranky and my body just hurts, including my tailbone for no apparent reason.  Weird.  Anyway, I'm sitting on the couch talking to Steve and Ryan comes up and says to me, "hey, take me to East (school) to play basketball."

Um, excuse me?  Ride your bike, have your friend pick you up.  Taxi service is closed for the evening.

Usually I don't mind carting him around town.  It's been cold out and icy sometimes so I take him and it's not a big deal.  We even make random trips to the store when he wants a drink.  I will even take him and his friends to the little mini mart before they close on the weekend.  In my pajamas.  In the snow. 

I was starting to feel guilty because I think it took him by surprise that I said no.  Then he texts me.  From downstairs.  And asks what's the problem.  Well, son, I'm not a taxi service and you can ride your bike....
here is his response to that:

"We only have one bike. That works ok.  And I'm 15 years old I'm not riding a bike around unless I have to.  It's stupid."  Verbatim people!  

Looks like his little butt is staying home tonight then. Bye-bye guilt, taxi is parked in the garage.

0 comments:

Post a Comment