wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: It just somehow works

It just somehow works

My husband and I are opposites in a lot of ways.  We don't have too much in common either.  But somehow we have made it work for almost 17 years. 

We do not have similar taste in movies.  At all.  Not even remotely.  He prefers impale 'em with a stick kind of movies and I don't much care for movies at all.  I'm not opposed to them, it's just not one of my favorite things to do.  He has a collection of, I don't know, let's just say he's got A LOT of movies.  I have three.  Singin in the Rain, P.S. I Love You and Pretty In Pink.  And I watch them maybe once every year or two. 

He loves baseball.  A really huge fan of the game.  I don't particularly care for that sport.  He tells me he likes it because it's a challenge to hit a small ball that is traveling at roughly 90 miles per hour with a stick.  I tell him I could give birth in the time it takes to play a whole 9 innings. 

He's definitely meat and potatoes.  I'm that too but I could live off of salsa and pickles if I had to.  And avocado.  He'd starve if he ever had to actually peel and eat one.

We can agree on some music but he prefers music that I think is dorky.  I'm sure he thinks my taste in music is dorky, too.  But it's not. 

I prefer Pepsi and he likes Dr. Pepper.

His fuse is short.  I'm a button pusher. 

I hold a grudge and he is usually the first to say sorry.

Sometimes I think about what it will be like when the boys are grown and gone.  We don't share any common hobbies and we don't like a lot of the same things.  But I think that is what works for us.  My happiness isn't exlusively dependent on him.  And his happiness isn't exlusively dependen on me.  We like to make each other happy, we like to do things together, but we can do things separately together too, which is kind of how we prefer it sometimes, depending on the situation.  I don't know, it just works for us!  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment