wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: We're a family of texters

We're a family of texters

IN the house texters.  I'm sure we're not the only ones.  Please tell me we aren't.  I will feel really bad if we are.  Well, probably not really. 

One of the boys will be in the bathroom and I'll get a text:  toilet paper

I'll be in bed reading and am so cozy and nearly falling asleep so I text the boys:  goodnight, I love you

Steve will be sitting across from me in the living room and will text cute things:  Hi.  I like you.

And because the iPhone keypad is so small and my fingers are so large, I often misspell stuff.  Or I try to be like all the cool kids and use abbreviations.  One time I text Ryan and used "ur" for you're.

He sent me a text back saying, "You have an education.  Use real words!"  

That's what I get for being the grammar police with my kids.  It comes back to haunt me.

Of always becomes If on my phone.  Get becomes Her and home disappears until it's just hm.  But is almost always Bit.  And of course because these are actual words, the auto correct doesn't work. 

And a thing about auto correct.  It always changes my use of the F word into the D word.  As in duck.  "Are you ducking serious" doesn't have the same oomph as the other.  "Duck yeah!" does not have the same emphasis. 

My nephew Matty becomes Marty on text.  Which would be really funny if you knew Matty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment