wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: All good things must come to an end...

All good things must come to an end...

I don't really believe that, by the way.  It's just a clever little, sarcastic title for this particular post.

The littles are no longer in my care after Friday.  I could do a little jig, quite honestly.  I like kids.  I really, really do.  But, it's been our discovery that we are not puppy and/or little kid people.  We are easily bugged and don't like to accommodate anyone's needs or whims. 

Family is different, of course.  They are your flesh and blood, the ones you love. 

Day in and day out for literally 10 hours a day I hear "I waaannaa watch...I waaannaa watch...I waaannaa watch..." with no end.  No resolution to what they want to watch!  It's just that phrase repeated over and over again.  10 hours a day, 5 days a week.  And when things don't go their way they yell, "I'm really MAD".  Most of the time I don't respond.  Why argue with a 4 year old? 

No matter what I say, one of them just does not understand.  I can say, "first, we are going to have lunch, then a nap and when you wake up we will have snack."  It doesn't register.  Or it does and he will argue about something in that statement.  Sometimes this is our conversation:

"I want cheese"
"We don't have any cheese"
"Why?"
"Ran out"
"But I want cheese."
"No cheese"
"Why"
"Ran out"
"Why"
"Because everyone has already eaten all of it"
"But I want cheese"

This is where I shut my mouth and let the fit happen, the writhing body, the rolling around on the floor, crying for cheese.

This is also where my patience runs thin and I get to the point where I start praying for the clock to move faster towards nap time and then pick up time.

This is the point where I wished I drank.

But, as of Friday, 4:40, it will all be behind me.  I couldn't be happier about letting this "good thing" *ha* come to an end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment