wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: It's happened. Never thought it would. But it just did.

It's happened. Never thought it would. But it just did.

It's official.  I am the shortest person in my family of 4 now.  Not by much.  Yet.  But it's happening.

I always knew this day would come.  I just didn't think I'd actually be just a wee bit sad about it. 

Zach is now about 1/2 inch taller than me.  Insert sad face icon here.  Make that double sad face icon with a little bit of a tear. 

I'm not surprised.  He's entering 8th grade.  I am surprised.  He's my baby. 

The other day he and I were taking measurements to get a baseline of where we are size wise.  He and I are very similarly built.  And since he doesn't read this it can't really embarrass him that everyone now knows he has a similar build to his mom!  At least I don't think he reads this.  My chest is bigger, obviously.  My waist is a bit thicker.  His arms are a tad bigger than mine.  His feet are huge!!  When we are heel to heel the tops of my toes come to the bottoms of his. 

I'm glad for the boys' height.  When they were younger and would go in for check ups the doctor would tell me they would both be at least 6'2.  That made me happy, I think it's an advantage to be taller.  And so glad they got my dads side of the gene pool for height.  Steve is 5'8" or 5'9".  Not a thing wrong with that but I know he wishes he were taller. 

Just one more sign that sooner rather than later they will leave our little nest.  I don't know what I'll do then but I'm excited to see the men they will become. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment