wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: A dream is a what?

A dream is a what?

Didn't Snow White, she of Disney fame, once sing:

"A dream is a wish your heart makes..."?

Jeez, I sure hope not.

Sometimes I have very, very strange dreams.  And the weirdness factor ratchets up depending on what drugs I've taken.  Over-the-counter drugs, mind you.  I can take Tylenol and end up dreaming about singing Adele songs in perfect harmony with my dad.

Earlier this week I had a few teeth pulled and the doctor gave me Vicodin. I'm very cautious with it of course.  I don't like taking it unless I really, really have to and then I try to hold out until I know I can be completely comatose on the couch or in bed.  The pressure and swelling in my cheek bone area has gotten worse right before bed so I took 800 mg. of ibuprophen.  And then I started dreaming...

Someone was stealing my diabetes medicine only I kept calling it my medicare medicine and it wasn't my regular medicine.  It was a huge, huge plastic needle, like the kind that comes in a kiddos play doctor kit.  And I kept poking my finger with it to draw blood.  It was bizarre.

Sometimes my dreams are in direct line with something I've watched recently.  I think that happens to a lot of people so I'm not alone in that regard, but they certainly are more vivid depending on the medicine I've taken.  Much more detail and depth to them. 

And then I have other dreams that are very, very good.  I wake up totally happy, literally with a smile on my sleepy face.  Dreams of traveling and seeing different places.  Seeing different cultures or meeting up with old friends. 

Rarely do my dreams contain turmoil or drama.  Sometimes, of course, but not as often as the outright bizarre ones. 

I also often dream of those that have passed.  My Nan is a frequent visitor.  Mostly she doesn't say much in them. Sometimes we don't talk at all.  But she's there, puttering around in her kitchen.  One time she sat behind me on a bus with Pops.  I tried to talk to her, ask her where she was going but she wouldn't answer.  She got off the bus and I couldn't follow, no matter how hard I tried.  It doesn't take a genius to analyze those kind.  They are sad but leave me feeling a bit happy because I saw her again.  And I miss her so, so much, just to see her face is wonderful!

Sometimes I try to "plan" on what I'm going to dream about.  A topic, a scenario.  Sometimes it works in a general way but more often than not it becomes some sort of odd twist on the subject.

My imagination tends to run away with me in my dreams. It kind of beats not having dreams at all, I suppose. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment