wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Why I Miss American Bandstand

Why I Miss American Bandstand

We're goin' hoppin' (Hop)
We're goin' hoppin' today
Where things are poppin' (Pop)
The Philadelphia way
We're gonna drop in (Drop)
On all the music they play
On the Bandstand (Bandstand)

If you are a person of a certain age, this song is now stuck in your head.  You're welcome!  I remember back in the day getting up and watching American Bandstand.  I watched it in the 80's.  I think I might have watched it a little in the 70's too but I was only 9 so...who can remember back that far?  Anyway, I loved to watch that show and am a little disgusted at the "progression" music has made over the last decade or two.  I like music of all kinds and I like new music but there's a lot of bad music out there in every genre.  American Bandstand was a place where the artists seemed like they did it simply for the love of music and didn't go all showboat and get stupid.  Today it seems like musicians strive to be over the top, the more bizarre the better.  Just play music, dude, because you love it.  Not for the fame or fortune but because you truly LOVE what you do.  And for God's sake, please make music videos that make sense, are not overtly sexual and make women look like tramps.  Let's bring back good music and American Bandstand.  As long as it's got a good beat and I can dance to it.

2 comments:

  1. Mikki said...:

    What a great post. I loved that show too and agree whole-heartedly about the music of today. I always wonder what today's kids are going to listen to when they're in their 60's???

    I've awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Please find more info at http://momsbestnest.blogspot.com.

Post a Comment