wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: An Open Letter to Netflix

An Open Letter to Netflix

Dear Netflix,

I miss you.  I really, really do.  Despite the fact that you told me and my family that you didn't care about us, I miss you.  You made us feel like we didn't matter.  I bet you are sorry about that now. 

We enjoyed having you around.  You were a cheap and easy date night.  We could use you when and how we wanted to and not worry about anything.  If we were desperate enough we could stream you directly to our t.v.'s.  If we were more patient or more interested in something specific we could take our time and peruse you.  But you had to go and screw it all up. 

You tried to take what was good and kind and beautiful and make it something it wasn't;  A money hungry whore with a split personality.  Your attempt to change failed miserably and I have to say I'm a bit smug about that.  I was hurt and angry when you wrote your own open letter to "Dear Netflix Customer" and said, essentially, that you knew I would be leaving and you expected it and it happens and there's nothing you could/would do to stop me from leaving, that there were more people out there just like me that would appreciate you and pay whatever you wanted because you were just that good.  You never guessed that I would be only one of 800,000 that would turn my back on you, much the same way you did to us. 

Even though you've treated me and my family so horribly, I want to forgive you.  No, really.  I do.  But so far, I just can't.  I refuse to cave and pay what you want now.  Maybe someday I'll be able to forgive you for trying to stick it to the "little" guy, but until then, my family and I will be smirking when that number changes to 800,001, 800,002, 800,003 ....

Sincerely,
Ms. H

5 comments:

  1. Mommy Bags said...:

    Awesome......just awesome

  1. Lacey said...:

    When I got that letter I dropped the DVD service but kept the streaming. There are a lot of shows that my kids like on the streaming service which have saved me from a mental breakdown on some occasions. So I couldn't bring myself to cancel Netflix completely. haha I'm one of the suckers! :op

  1. LOL!! That was GOOD. I smugly looked at the yahoo news today too and said Ha!. I confess I am still a streamer - we don't have cable. But I dropped our disc in August as soon as school started. I said, "Whatever" to the "Dear Netflix Customer" letter. I miss getting the discs and keeping them forever. Now I'm forced to watch a Redbox movie within a day.

  1. WOW, this is so true. I was so disappointed with them too! How could they do this to us? UGH! Oh well.... Guess, I'll go to the movies for date night now.

    How you been?
    LaDonna

  1. mombo880 said...:

    Hi LaDonna! Been great, just busy...football season is almost over! It's a happy/sad thing around here. Anyway, movies are sooo expensive to go to anymore that we rarely do that either! I want Netflix back but I just feel like I'm giving them the big fat bird when I don't take them back. I know they don't know, I know they don't care but it sure does make me feel better!!! lol

Post a Comment