wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Catching up!

Catching up!

It seems like I haven't blogged in a while.  I've been busy at work, busy at home, you know...all the excuses we all use all the time.  "Well, you know, I've just been SOOOO busy!"  So, I'm just going to stuff all these random items in one blog, get it off my chest and get on with my life.  Let it do what it do.

The high school football boys have had one helluva season!  8 and 0 in regular season and won their first round playoff game.  They hadn't been undefeated since 1959!  They also won the first round playoff game which hadn't been done since 1985.  Pretty cool to be a part of this as a player (right Ryan?) and a parent/spectator!  On to round two on Wednesday ~ Go Whippets!!

I took Two Toots to a craft fair and it went pretty well considering everything stacked against it.  The town was itty bitty and the Husker game was on.  I'm a fan of football but not a big fan of college ball so...whatev.  I sold stuff to what little traffic was there, so it's all good.

Today I have a big agenda.  Which is just a fancy word for "to do list".  I have it all written down, you know, things like, clean dresser, finish laundry, update both blogs, cook ... Who needs to write down that you need to finish laundry and cook??  My memory isn't THAT bad, but I just like to jot it down so I know that I want to get it done.  And when I write down cook it just means I want to menu plan, cook stuff and freeze it for the rest of the week.  Because I'm SOOOO busy you know. 

So here's the menu plan for the week in no particular order (because I know you like to see my menu plan! lol):  breakfast casserole, potato soup, chili, meat loaf, chicken tostadas, and that's as far ahead as I want to think.  Oh yeah, pork chops, too.  So I'll make the casserole, soup and chili today and half the meals already done for the week.  And I'm going to attempt coffee cake today.  People tell me it's not that hard.  Famous last words.

In 6 days my baby will turn 12.  Amazing!  He's a wonderful kid, kind, considerate, charming, handsome, a good student, a good friend, a good son.  Hard to believe this is the same kid that had the "terrible two's" from the time he was born until the day he turned 3.  I love him.

We were talking last night about moving back to AZ.  I want to but I WILL NOT take Ryan out of high school to put him in an AZ school.  Not going to happen unless circumstances drastically change.  And I mean, DRASTICALLY.  We never should have moved here to begin with but I can't say that I regret the education the boys have gotten, the opportunities they've been given and the friends they've made.  It's been much harder on me and Steve making the adjustment from city life to small town life.  Major culture shock.  I'm used to having friends and family around.  We don't have any family here which makes it hard.  But, it is what it is for now and we're making it work.  I sure can't wait until he graduates though.  The very next day I hope to have a U-Haul parked in my driveway.  Unless Zach wants to stay, of course.  :)

1 comments:

  1. I miss reading your stuff. Get un-busy! LOL

    LaDonna

Post a Comment