wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: That reminds me. Or, Amy, this is for YOU!

That reminds me. Or, Amy, this is for YOU!

So my little sister is now a married woman.  Wait..."woman" is just so....not her.  Not that she's not old enough or smart enough.  It's just that she's my little sister and I don't want her to be a "woman" yet because then that means I get to be "old lady".  We're 19 years apart.  And this whole thing is completely beside the point and I'm rambling again.  Here is the point of this blog:

Menu Planning!  Yes, I do it (mostly), yes I love it and no, I don't follow it religiously.  BUT, she's been checking in to it and wondering out loud on facebook and sending texts and stuff like that, so I thought I'd give her a little help and post my own ideas here and hopefully she can get a few ideas.  They are a military family and young so their budget is a bit lower than mine is but she should be able to work around it.  I haven't menu planned in a long time.  Football season makes it almost impossible.  But, Amy, maybe this will help!

Pasta and beans are cheap and go a long way.  Ground beef...find a good sale.

(Meatless) Monday: Garlic spaghetti (your mom makes it, it's fabulous and she has the recipe)

Tuesday: Chicken pot pie-cream of chicken soup and a bag of frozen veggies, thawed and drained.  Mix soup and veggies, heat up a little bit and put in a baking dish, put a tube of biscuits over and bake.

Wednesday: Pot Roast in the crockpot ( 1pkt onion soup mix with can of cream of mush. soup)
Thursday: Tasty tostadas -Left over pot roast shredded up, mixed with green onion, cilantro, salsa and black beans, spead over a flour tortilla and baked at 350 until golden brown.

Thursday: tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Don't be afraid to try different cheeses

Friday: Homemade pizza and salad (use a premade crust. use a can of mushrooms, add onions and ground beef.  Brush the crust first with just a little bit of olive oil. Or use ranch dressing as the sauce, add a can of cooked chicken and a few pieces of crumbled bacon and have bacon ranch pizza.)

Saturday: Potato soup

Sunday: left overs!!

Mim, I hope this helps you a little bit and of course just use your imagination. A lot of meals are made by trial and error!!  Love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment