wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: A little bit of this and a little bit of that

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

When I cook it's always the same stuff over and over again mostly.  I like to try new and different things.  Nothing too wild and crazy but just different.  Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.  Live and learn, right?  :) 

I'll follow a recipe if I've never made something before but mostly I'm a "little bit of this and a little bit of that" kind of cook.  For the most part it turns out pretty good.  I like to experiment with different things.  I hope I'm passing that on to the boys too.  I want them to be able to cook for themselves when they leave our cozy nest but I also want them to be able to cook for their families too and not leave it all up to their wives.  Ryan doesn't seem to mind cooking and he likes to bake.  You're welcome, future wife!  Zach, well, I don't really like it when he touches the microwave so we'll see how that goes.  I was at work the other day and he wanted to make french fries and Ryan wouldn't make them for him.  So I walk him through turning on the over, putting them in the oven, taking them out of the oven.  The house didn't burn down and the fries were gone by the time I got home so I would say it was a success! 

Here's a recipe that was given to me by friends of ours and I can't remember the exact measurements because I never use the exact measurements.  It's all by sight and taste, but generally is equal size packages:

1 bag of hashbrowns
1 container sour cream
1 container cottage cheese
green onions
garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and cook in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or so, until hash browns are done. 

Yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment