wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: We're coming unglued!

We're coming unglued!

I mean unplugged.  Sort of.  In a round about way.  Ok, not really, mostly at all. 

*Sigh*

We're cutting the cord to our satellite.  We tried once before in our small town but it failed miserably.  This time we are better prepared mentally.  And we have a back up thingy going on. 

I won't be able to watch broadcast television at all.  Up here on the hill we don't get any stations even with an antenna.  That's really gonna suck.  I do like watching some regular stations and the news.  Now I'll just get live streaming on my phone or through the Wii.  Gotta love Hulu Plus. 

I've also been introduced to something called Crackle.  My first impression is that it's not very good but it's been an eye opener in the whole crap reality TV business.  Did you know there was (don't think there still is?) a reality show featuring a XXX mom?  And it was called Mommy XXX.  This little 5 minute gem talked about her going in for her 11th boob job.  2 kids, a boy and a girl and a gorgeous house.  And her ex husband is also in the industry.  I'm not sure why I was surprised by this series, given my strong opinions on "reality" TV.  But it is one on a long list of many that I will be avoiding. 

So, cutting the cord won't be that hard, we can watch our shows on Hulu, Amazon Prime and the internet.  The hardest part, without a doubt, will be the upcoming football season.  We LIKE watching as many games as we can.  We'll see if we can't find a way to stream them, but so far I haven't found it. 

Who knows?  Maybe this will force us to read more!  (Said no one, ever.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment