wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: I'm ok. The withdrawls aren't that bad. R-e-a-l-l-y.

I'm ok. The withdrawls aren't that bad. R-e-a-l-l-y.

So, not to mock AA or anything like that but don't they start out with something like, "my name is ___ and it's been ___ days since my last drink"?

Hello, my name is Alicia and it's been 2 weeks since my last "normal" TV experience.

That's right.  We let go of the satellite TV.  A few weeks ago I wrote about it.  We were in the planning stages of tossing it.  Now we've done it and, agghhhhh.  I have mixed feelings. 

It's such a habit to just turn on the boob tube and use it for background noise.  It's not like there is super great programming.  There were certain shows we'd watch and we'd watch the news.  But there was nothing on that was worth $80 a month. 

So why am I going through withdrawls?  It's a bit of work trying to make this whole thing work between the internet, Hulu and Netflix.  The searching and the downloading and the uploading and the updates and the....whatever else must be done to just watch a freakin show!

And Ryan has told me that he's going over to Grammy and Dpa's every Sunday once football season starts so he can watch the games.  What do they call those guys that come in and work when the others go on strike?  Scabs?  Ryan's a scab.  I don't blame him though.  That one is gonna be tough.

In the meantime, I've been watching shows that are ... interesting.  Really liked Sherlock Holmes (NOT the movie, but the British one with a man named Cumberbatch) series and an older show called SPY.  Another British one.  And mustn't forget Pramface from the UK.  It's like a "Secret Life of the American Teenager" but smarter and more true to life I think than the cheesy program.  Not that I've watched that show...ahem.  Ok, fine, I saw it twice.  There was something on called Blue with Julia Stiles.  I like her.  The show was very odd.  Odd enough that we watched about 20 minutes and turned it off.

Mostly though, my house is getting better organized.  My books are being read.  The boys have yet to pick up on this concept.  And as the end of summer gets closer I will be creating lesson plans for this next year. 

Overall, I know this is a good thing for us.  It's just very hard to break this habit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment