wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: The Art of Napping

The Art of Napping

I used to wonder why anyone would ever want to take a nap.  It's understandable that babies need to nap.  Infants, toddlers too.  But anyone over the age of, I don't know, 5?  Why?  Why would you purposefully lay down, close your eyes and snooze in the middle of the day.  I used to watch my Poppy fall asleep watching All My Children.  Ok, if you aren't following it but are forced to watch it, I can understand why you'd doze.  

But now, I must confess.  I nap.  Not every day of course.  I don't need to every day.  But when I need to I do it and I don't feel guilty at all.  You know that tired feeling that sometimes hits you in the later afternoon, the one that makes your legs feel like they weight 200 pounds each and you literally can't keep your eyes open?  Yeah, that's when I take a little snooze.  I only need 10-20 minutes and I'm good to go.  It just recharges me and gets me motivated for the rest of the day.

For a successful nap I only need the following:
A semi dark, chilly, quiet room
A body pillow
One flat-ish pillow for my head

In a matter of minutes I'm out.  I can hear things going on in the background but I'm out enough to have dreams.  Ok, maybe not dream dreams, but....scenarios?  Whatever.  It's all good! 

Do you nap?

1 comments:

  1. Marlee said...:

    Oh, man. I majored in napping. My necessity is definitely a kind of chilling room, and then something to cover myself with. A blanket, a coat, a cat, anything. Then I'm good to go! Great blog, am a new follower :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment