wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Vegetarian Burritos

Vegetarian Burritos

Yesterday I made vegetarian burritos from items I received in my Bountiful Basket.  My family, huge carnivors, devoured them and asked for more!  I should have taken pictures of the process and end results but I just never think to do that when I'm making stuff.  Anyway, here's the super delicious info:

Mexican gray squash
Grape tomatoes
Green chiles (roasted by me!)
Onion
Refried beans
Tortillas

First I added the roasted, diced green chiles in a non stick pan, topped with halved cherry tomatoes, diced squash and diced onion.  I added two packets of Swanson's Vegetable flavor packets and a little bit of water.  Add pepper and garlic powder to taste.  Simmer until squash is soft.  Heat refried beans.  Heat tortillas.  Spread a little bit of the beans on one end of the tortilla.  We added a little cheese, put the tortilla in the microwave for about 15 seconds to heat the cheese a little and then added our hot mess of veggies to the cheese and beans.  Wrap like a burrito and enjoy!  It was so good!!

Variations or additions:
Corn
Cilantro
Avocado
Black Beans (we LOVE black beans in a lot of our dishes but with 3 men in the house I figured one type of bean was enough)
Regular zuccini if you don't have Mexican gray squash

Use your imagination, you seriously can't go wrong with this!

0 comments:

Post a Comment