wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Free Friday

Free Friday

I'm such a lucky girl!  My kids are at a football game in a town about an hour away.  My hubby is at work, about an hour away.  No one will be home until 10:30 or later.  I'm alone.  Alone.  ALONE!!  For several hours at a time, I'm alone.  Usually I like the quiteness that comes with alone.  I keep the television off, don't play the radio.  I do leave my phone on though because, you know, I'm a mom and that's what we do just in case our kids need us.  Luckily I don't get many calls.  A few texts maybe.  Tonight though, I have Directv sonic radio or whatever it is on just for background music.

This alone thing is kinda nice.  I'm blogging.  I'm making solid perfume.  I'm making lip balm.  I'm listening to Tory Amos!!  Haven't heard this particular song in years.  Years!  Whatever "station" this is, I'm loving it! 

It's not often that I get quiet time around here.  God bless his pointed little head, I love Zach so much but that kid yammers on and on.  Often about nothing in particular and everything in particular.  He is the most random kid ever.  Ever.  Don't even get me started on the Mexican hooker comment, damn you Travel Channel!  He can be on the computer and sing, yes sing, everything he is thinking.  He can be in the bathroom singing everything he is thinking.  But he doesn't normally sing in the shower.  Huh, weird.  He will make noise just to make noise.  Ryan is typically quiet.  Steve blares the tv when he's home.  He might have a slight hearing problem.  He is over 40 after all.  And we all know what happens once you reach 40.  *Sigh*

Even our animals are loud.  Rex sighs and moans, the biggest dog sighs you've ever heard.  Jerry pants constantly.  He also follows me everywhere and his nails click on the hardwood and it sure sounds like he's got more than 4 paws.  Ana the cat is relatively quiet unless she's gotten into Z's miniature football helmet collection and is batting them across the hardwood.  She's too little yet to have that uber annoying meow. 

And this is why I love the alone quiet time I so rarely get.  I wouldn't want it all the time, but it sure is nice when it happens.

3 comments:

  1. Lacey said...:

    I love alone time! It's such a rare occurrence for us moms, I think. Now I am daydreaming of when I can be alone...sigh.

  1. Visiting via Mom Blog Society Alexa Hop. Left you a review on alexa.com hope you return the favor.

  1. What a rare luxury! Stopping by and following from the Flip Flop Friday Alexa hop.

Post a Comment