wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Final Grades

Final Grades

I don't know about you but seeing the envelope from the high school in the mail always makes me run the "Lord Vadar Death March" ditty through my head.  I don't know why though.  It's not like Ryan is a bad student or a bad kid.  He makes decent grades and is kind and respectful to other students and teachers.  So I get a pit in my stomach thinking it's going to be something bad.  Usually it a notice saying it's Parent Night at the football game with 2 free tickets to get in. 

But final grades came out and I have to say that, for the most part, I was pleased with Ryan's grades.  He has an IEP in math and he's carried at B or C all year.  For him, that's awesome!  He struggles with math.  But the one thing he usually does not struggle with is his English class.  The kid loves to write, what can I say!  Back in February he was sick for quite awhile and we didn't know what was wrong with him.  Blood work came back low on white cell counts and we were thinking the worst.  So he fell behind and didn't get caught back up.   He had a huge project due on Greece and it spanned two separate classes, English and World Geography.  It made me wish we had a writing tutoring company that could have helped him catch up and do the best possible job he could have.  What he turned in was marked "disappointing" and I have to say it probably was not up to the standards of what the teacher wanted, however, he was literally falling asleep while working on it.  I just feel that maybe a writing tutoring company and an extension on the due date would have made all the difference because they could have helped Ryan piece it out and take it on in little chunks.  I tried, but sometimes Mom is not well received as a teacher around here. 

Anyway, the final grades overall were pretty good, the final in math being a B, thank you very much!  There was even an A or two thrown in.  His freshman year challenged him a bit so both of us are really looking forward to a happy, healthy sophmore year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment