wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Is this what we've become?

Is this what we've become?

Watching TV with Ryan and what commercial comes on?  Uhhh, cougarlife.com? Really?  And we also have reality shows such as The Judds, Shania Twain's Why Not and tons of pawn store shows.  You can watch 2 dorky guys searching for vintage/antique stuff all around the US and you can watch really large people with bad hair and bad taste repossess vehicles.  And just for our viewing pleasure we can watch teens get Scared Straight and wacky relationships on Prison Wives and what is that one....Four Wives and Counting?  I mean, Sister Wives.  People overpopulating the earth is a popular topic and one that seems to ruin said families. 

In all reality I have not watched most of these shows.  One of the pawn ones and the dorky picker guys a few times is all.  I'll skip the rest, I'm just not interested in, ummm, cougars, huge repo people or huge pawn shop workers or human baby factories or former entertainers that have nothing going on except for this.   I'm seriously thinking of not renewing my dish subscription.  I don't like dish anyway.  Moving on in June!  It's sad to think this is what our children have to look forward to.

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    I know what you mean, I grew up watching Father Knows Best and Happy Days. Seriously ! I'm 57, so I have a whole different perspective. Our neighborhood is (starting to be was) a middle class neighborhood but just a half mile away there are second hand shops with used washers sitting on the sidewalk. That is not the sign of progress - just like the 'junk' being shown on cable, etc these days . We get Uverse because it's part of the package for internet and phone but honestly? I watch mostly our local channels and that's it. I'm a letter writer, the only way companies know their heading in the wrong direction is if the consumer speaks up and that's with their dollars too - so good for you Dorothy for cutting them off soon : D

Post a Comment