wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Jello kicked my butt

Jello kicked my butt

Trying low carb living here at the hacienda. Yesterday was the first "full" day of it and it was a bit difficult. By 7pm I would have killed for a cookie. I tried sugar free jello because it's a "legal" food. I'm not a jello fan so I'm kind of mentally challenged when it comes to preparing it. I know, I know, it sounds easy, right? Mix the gelatin with boiling water and then add a cup of cold water. Let it sit for 4 hours. Easy enough. But what if you don't want to wait four hours because, ummm, you could kill for a cookie? Use the "quick set" method. Ok, makers of jello. This didn't work out for me. Between the boiling water, the cold water with ice and removing the ice something got lost in the translation and I have a bowl of semi gelatinous jello goo and a bowl of liquid orange jello. I think I'm of average intelligence but seriously, jello? Beyond me. So today I went with the good old fashioned "easy" method and it's setting up nicely, thank you very much. Now I'm going to try to make my own whipped topping. Should be interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment