wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Cherry Cheesecake Bars (Cherry Bomb Cheesecake Bars?)

Cherry Cheesecake Bars (Cherry Bomb Cheesecake Bars?)

So these are a favorite amongst my entire family.  Not just the four of us.  The ENTIRE family.  Because, really, who doesn't like cream cheese on a really yummy crust? 

I love Betty Crocker and got this recipe from her site www.bettycrocker.com and made a little twist to make it just a tiny bit different.  So, hats off to Betty, she's the bomb!  The Cherry Bomb.  Hmmm, maybe name the twisted version "Cherry Bomb Cheesecake Bars"?  Because, by the way, she doesn't have them named like me.  If you look for her version you have to type in Cherries Jubilee.  Still sounds good, doesn't it?  Giving credit where credit is due, my sincere thanks to Mrs. Crocker

I didn't take pictures while I was making these bits of deliciousness because I never think about that kind of thing.  For me it's just make and go and then I think, "oh, I really should have taken a picture of that".  Oh well, next time.

What you need:

1 box Betty Crocker cherry chip cake mix (This stuff is hard to find.  If you find it, seriously stock up)
2 pkg 8oz each, cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened (I only use real butter and feel it makes a  delicious difference in taste)
1 container cream cheese frosting (Here's the twist.  The original recipe calls for cherry frosting)
3 eggs

What you do:

First, heat oven to 325 degrees.  In a large bowl, beat the softened butter and cake mix together until it's like a crumbly mess.  You can use an electric mixer or a fork.  My mixer is like a freak of nature and its lowest setting seems like turbo speed so I smush the stuff together.  Tomato, tomahhhto.  Reserve one cup of this yummy crust. 

Next, spread the remaining butter/cake mix into the bottom of an ungreased 13x9 pan and press to form a crust. 

Beat the cream cheese and frosting together until just mixed then add the eggs.  Mix again.  Pour this batter over the crust in the pan and now sprinkle the 1 cup crust over the top, evenly.  Bake the whole thing for about 45 minutes.  Cool completely and then cover and put in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours. 

Don't forget to keep it refrigerated because of the cream cheese!


0 comments:

Post a Comment