wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Homemade Granola

Homemade Granola

In our attempt to eat better and less processed foods I came across a recipe for granola.  In my house we snack on granola bars at school/work because they are soooo easy to just slip into your lunch bag or back pack and are very convenient.  But they are full of crap. 

I haven't attempted the bars because I just don't have the patience to try that yet, but give me time.  Anyway, here's the recipe I followed:

3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Stir the melted butter and sugar together, mixing well.  Add the oats and cinnamon mixing well again.  Spread the mixture on a baking pan and bake at 200-225 degrees for 2 hours, stirring every half hour. 

As a bonus my house smells like Christmas.  So, we'll see how this works, if the kids will eat it.  Yes it has sugar and butter and those things aren't so "healthy" but they are REAL foods.  It's still a work in progress for us but ... it's a start. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment