wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: The Mutant Genes Are Contagious!

The Mutant Genes Are Contagious!

So my darling husband thinks he is part mutant. You know, X-Men type mutant not zombie type mutant. Are zombies mutants? Anyway, he has been run over by a forklift. Twice. And survived with nary a scratch. Nary, not a word you see used every day. He's built like a shorter version of The Thing from the Fantastic Four. So, he's a mutant.

And now, I think after 17 years it's finally rubbing off on me. I have had poor eyesight forever. Wearing glasses or contacts since I was about 11 or 12. My eyes had gotten pretty bad and I didn't think it was anything more than regular changes in vision, age, etc, just figured my prescription was old. I hadn't been to the eye doctor in about 3 years. I was diagnosed with diabetes and it all made sense. Last week, made the eye doctor appointment and got a new trial pair for my drastically changed eyes. Within 2 days those new pair weren't working either. Went back yesterday to see if I could get another pair that actually worked. He checked my eyes again and just shook his head. He said, "In 23 years I have never seen this happen before". My eyes went from near sighted to far sighted. I can now see distance, which is completely new for me and it's fabulous! But I can't see close up, which totally sucks.

Now I'm holding shampoo bottles, magazines and menus at arms length. I have readers (cute ones, of course), and am anticipating having several pair, one in each room. Maybe I'll even get one of those chains to hang them from my neck. Nah, I don't think I'll go that far.

So, the mutant genes are contagious and I've caught them. Maybe his mutant genes will keep him from "catching" diabetes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment