wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Great first week!

Great first week!

I really hope I'm not jinxing myself or my family when I say we had a great first week back to school.  The boys really seem to like their schedules and Zach enjoys his home room teacher.  Ryan got a referral on the first day of school.  For wearing a tank top.  I didn't know those weren't allowed!  I know we have a dress code at our school regarding tank tops, the straps have to be a specific width and non offensive, but NO tank tops?  Weird.  Dumb. Sometimes I think this high school has the stick shoved up just a little too far.

I don't have a lunch duty this year and I've been sending Zach with his lunch, but I've asked if the lunches were as horrible as they were last year.  Everyone says they are.  I don't think that will ever change.  I wish it would.  Have you paid attention to what schools are serving your kiddos?  It's not great.  I guess two years or so ago they were told they could no longer have a salad bar.  Why would you take something healthy and nutritious away?  And they definitely don't serve enough to our older kids.  It's not even worth the $2.00 a day they charge.

I said we had a great week but it sounds like I'm complaining! 

Our great week had to do with being out the door on time, zero stress, things running smoothly, getting things done on time and no huge hiccups along the way.  Last year I had a bit of trouble with some of the grades coming into the library.  I wasn't in there full time until January, when half the year was already over.  The expectations were not clear for those classes from the beginning and trying to change things half way through did not work at all.  I loathed the 7th and 8th grade classes.  The amount of disrespect...oy. 

This year, I've very clearly announced the rules and expectations regarding behavior and procedure with all grade levels.  So far, it's worked out.  With the exception of a nasty Kindergartener who kicked me, told me he hated me, and hoped someone sat on my floor and pooped on my face.  He was very proud of the fact that he got "kicked out" of the library and had to sit in the front office.  When he was allowed to come back to the library he said he was going to tell his mom.  I said, "yes, please tell her what a rude, nasty boy you were".  I have a feeling she already knows. 

I'm excited about what this school year will bring.  For the boys, for me, for all the other kiddos.  I just hope I'm not jinxing anything!

0 comments:

Post a Comment