wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Menu Sunday

Menu Sunday

Haven't posted one of these in quite a while, but I'm experiementing with some new goodies so...

When I cook with new stuff or try a new recipe, Steve sighs, rolls his eyes and, I think, silently prays.  Out loud he says, "Oookaaayyy" with just the tiniest hint of reservation.  Only it's not really so tiny.

This week in my Bountiful Basket I received leeks, eggplant, a bag of potatoes, blood oranges, a pineapple and broccoli.  I've never cooked with leeks or eggplant before.  I asked a friend if they had any good ideas.  They said leek and potato soup!  So this morning, I got up, washed and cut the leeks, the potatoes, added beef broth, evaporated milk (didn't have heavy cream) and a little bit of water.  Salt, pepper, etc. and simmered for a little bit.  Put it in a blender and hit "liquify" and....delicious potato and leek soup!  We're having it for lunch right now and even Steve likes it.

I also peeled and cubed eggplant and mixed with a can of tomato soup, onion, zuccini, yellow pepper, garlic, pepper to make a ratatouille in the CrockPot. 

Contemplating pineapple salsa.  We like fresh pineapple too much for it to actually get cut and make it into a salsa.  It's eaten as it's cut.  Maybe we'll try.  Pineapple, red pepper, cilantro and jalapeno (although I might skip this, it will be good without) and a squeeze of lime.

Tomorrow I will be making a pot roast with carrots (also from BB) and potatoes, letting it cook all day while I'm at work.  The rest of the week looks like this, in no particular order:

Chicken Stir Fry
Tatertot Casserole
Ribs
Ratatouille
Grilled Brats
Cheese Ravioli with Marsala-Caper sauce

I'm also feeling just a bit adventerous and might, might try some fried pickles today.  Not sure I have the correct ingredients to attempt this.



0 comments:

Post a Comment