wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Warning: DO NOT read if you don't like strong opinions on breast feeding!

Warning: DO NOT read if you don't like strong opinions on breast feeding!

First let me make it clear that I don't have a problem with anyone breastfeeding their babies.  I don't care that anyone feeds their baby in the McDonald's lobby while my kids are chowing down on their Happy Meal's.  I don't want to see exposed breasts, like plop it out there and let it all hang out, but really, why would anyone want to just leave their boob hanging in the breeze like that anyway?  I personally have never seen anyone be anything but discreet about it so I typically don't notice when anyone is breastfeeding anyway.  So, again, I don't have a problem with anyone breastfeeding their baby.

I draw the line when that "baby" can wipe his own ass.  If the kid is freakin age eligible for preschool and even kindergarten why would you ever, ever have him still attached to your boob??  Yes, of course I'm talking about the Time Magazine cover/controversy.  Some are standing with the mother saying there is nothing wrong with her feeding her child in this way.  I say, honey, you are standing, STANDING! and your kid is feeding off of you...there is something so wrong about that.

Like I said, I don't disapprove of breastfeeding, I have no problem/issue with anyone wanting to feed their baby that way.  I have no problem with mothers feeding their babies in public places as long as there is no nipple exposure (again, why would anyone want to let it all hang out anyway?) and I would never insist that someone go into a bathroom or dressing room to feed their kid like so many companies are getting in trouble for lately.  But I would so completely freak if I saw any mom let her 3 or 4 year old attach on!!  And by the way, mother of nearly 4 year old boy on Time Magazine cover, way to go on NOT giving anyone a reason to ridicule your kid.  What happens when he's old enough to realize that he was "that" kid on the cover??  Good luck with that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment