wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Paraphrasing Dave Matthews Band

Paraphrasing Dave Matthews Band

So, things have changed a little bit around here for our family.  Steve doesn't work for a certain company anymore.  He took a big cut in pay and went to another certain company.  It starts with a "T" and ends with a bullseye. He's HAPPY.  Happy!  And that's a very good thing. 

The cut in pay has had me stressed and of course I dream of being independently wealthy.  Doesn't everyone?  I will most likely have to take on a 2nd job or find something that pays more and leave the job I enjoy, along with the flexibility I LOVE.  Big changes sometimes suck.

But today I was making lunch for Steve and the boys, who were outside hanging up Christmas lights and getting down all the Christmas stuff we have to decorate with.  And one line from a Dave Matthews Band goes running through my head:  "What I want is what I've not got.  But what I need is all around me".  And that's the truth.   I want 2 new wreaths to hang up on the doors.  I want amazing yard art to put out front and stuff for the deck.  I want it to be spectacular, something the neighbors will hate because the rest of the community will drive on our street just to be in awe of the awesomness.  I'm only kidding.  Sort of.  But what I need is already here.  I have lights for the front, cute yard art, a wreath for the front door and decorations for the house.  It's festive and joyful.

It's enough.  And I'm happy with it.  HAPPY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment