wADmM5mNLtOv064mhMCS_CYE3Bc Just Dorothy: Ugh, Halloween...

Ugh, Halloween...

So tomorrow is Halloween.  We have no candy, no costumes, no decorations out.  This year, I'm just not feeling it.  Not sure why.  We don't even have a pumpkin!  Usually, we have all kinds of decorations out, more candy than trick-or-treaters and Zach has at least a mask of some kind.

I don't know if this makes me a bad mom or just a lazy one.  Probably a little bit of both.  It doesn't feel like fall here yet, which doesn't make it any easier to get in the mood for the start of the "holiday" season. 

I had Steve stop at the store on the way home and grab candy.  Maybe I'll sit in the front with Ryan, snap a few glow sticks and hand out candy.  Maybe I'll even dress up like a zombie, which is very trendy right now.  Maybe I'll just give Zach all the candy and he and I can both call it good.  Maybe I will turn off all the lights and watch a movie.  With the candy. 

I miss when they were small and we'd go out, all excited to trick-or-treat.  I don't miss the pressure of finding the perfect costume, my kids trying to eat all the candy in one night, or the "just one more street mom!" over and over again. 

Ryan was 3 when I was almost 9 months pregnant with Zach.  He was dressed as a dinosaur in this deluxe costume that included a big, heavy head and floppy feet.  It was so hot, temperature and weather wise, that he ended up taking it off and I carried it until we were done.  We probably only went about 7 blocks or so, but I was exhausted by the end of the night.  It did the trick though.  Zach was born 5 days later, about a week before he was technically due.  But that's another post entirely....

0 comments:

Post a Comment